Day of flight information
We want your experience on Dash to be enjoyable, fast, and efficient. Please note the following guidelines when flying with us.
Dash Air Shuttle, Inc. is a marketing and ticket agent, not a direct air carrier, and does not have operational authority of aircraft. All flights are operated by Backcountry Aviation (BCA) a DOT/FAA licensed direct air carrier.
Flights operate from both Boeing Field (BFI) and Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA). At SEA, Dash utilizes Signature Flight Support.
Dash provides a complementary shuttle between these locations and the Main Terminal. Dash operates from the Ground Transportation Plaza on LEVEL 3 of the SEA Parking Garage. From the Main Terminal, guests can access transit, parking and other services. The transfer time takes between 10-15 minutes. We encourage a minimum of 90 minutes from our scheduled arrival or departure time to access services at the Main Terminal.
BCA is restricted to intrastate flights within Washington State and does not have partnerships with other airlines. We are not responsible for missed flights or other non-BCA operating irregularities.
- At Port Angeles and Boeing Field, check in no later than 20 minutes before the departure for your flight. Failure to check in before these times will require rebooking on a later departure.
- Dash uses the Ground Transportation Plaza on LEVEL 3 of the SEA Parking Garage. From Baggage Claim, follow the signs up the escalators towards Ground Transportations and Door-to-Door vans. Cross one of the Skybridges, and then take the escalator or elevators down one level to level 3. Dash's check-in desks are conveniently located in the center of the plaza, nearest the purple and orange elevator banks. You must check in with us no later than 45 minutes before the departure of your flight. Failure to check in before these times will require rebooking on a later departure.
- Government-issued photo ID is required for adult passengers on domestic routes. Proof of age is required for Lap Infants on domestic routes. Do you have a REAL ID? Beginning May 7, 2025, you will need a state-issued REAL ID compliant license or identification card, or another acceptable form of ID (such as a passport), to fly within the United States.
Follow the 1+1+1 Rule:
Each ticketed guest will have the following baggage allowance:
- 1 Checked bag not to exceed 50 lbs. or 62 linear inches (length + width + height = 62”)
- 1 Gate-Checked bag sufficiently small and lightweight not to exceed 45 linear inches (length + width + height = 45”)
- 1 Personal Item (e.g. small purse, briefcase, electronic device) not to exceed 36 linear inches (length + width + height = 36”).
The aircraft does not contain storage space under the seat or overhead in which to safely stow in-cabin items. Accordingly, most Personal Items must be carried to the aircraft by the Guest and stowed by a Dash agent into the designated baggage compartments prior to boarding. For additional baggage related details including liability limits, prohibited items, and accessibility requirements please refer to the BCA contract of carriage.
Since BCA does not have agreements with other airlines and is restricted to intrastate flights, luggage cannot be transferred to other airlines.
Due to limited baggage capacity, we strongly encourage passengers to limit themselves to the baggage allowances specified above
Due to the smaller aircraft size and limited space, we will strictly enforce these policies. The below charges apply each way and are cumulative.
1st Checked Bag
0 - 50 lbs
2nd Checked Bag
0 - 50 lbs
3rd Checked Bag
0 - 50 lbs
If traveling with wheelchairs or other mobility assistance devices, please contact our customer service team to discuss handling at 206-558-2500.
- Federal law prohibits the carriage of hazardous materials aboard aircraft in your luggage or on your person. Many everyday products are considered hazardous under these regulations.
- Categories of items that are generally prohibited include but are not limited to: flammable substances, explosives, oxidizers, poisons, compressed gases, infectious agents and radioactive materials.
- Examples of specific prohibited articles include: aerosols, spray starch, fireworks, strike-anywhere matches, gasoline, lighter fluid, butane, pesticides, paint, scuba tanks, propane cylinders and loose lithium batteries.
- More information is available at the Department of Transportation’s Safe Travel
- Passengers violating Federal hazardous materials laws are subject to fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.
For more information, review full baggage policies here.
Safety of operation is BCA's top priority, and all flights are conducted weather-permitting. Low visibility and high wind conditions are examples of poor weather conditions experienced in the Pacific Northwest that could affect flight operations.
If your flight is delayed or canceled due to poor weather conditions, our team will make every effort to provide you with the following:
- Prompt flight status updates for any delay or cancellation – be sure to include your cell number in your reservation
- Provide clear alternatives: reschedule to another flight departure, provide a full flight credit for use another day, or provide a full refund of the booking.
- Provide clear information on alternative routes/modes of transport specific to your geographic location.
Incidental expenses incurred due to weather delays or cancellations are the full responsibility of the guest. These include but are not limited to re-accommodation penalties on other airlines, meals, overnight accommodation expenses and passenger-arranged alternate transportation.
If your flight is delayed or canceled as a result of a controllable factor (such as maintenance, crew, or other operational event) Dash will provide compensation in the form of a credit for future flights, or provide a full refund of the booking. We will also work diligently to provide alternative transportation to your final destination at our expense.
Please note, BCA does not have partnerships with other airlines and is not responsible for missed flights or penalties for non-Dash marketed flights. We will do our best to accommodate guests on earlier/later Dash marketed flights due to schedule irregularities. Please contact us at 206-558-2500 for assistance.
We welcome young Guests on our flights, but, for their safety, we have policies about when a minor can travel alone and when an adult must accompany the child during travel. There is no additional service charge or escort fee for Unaccompanied Minors traveling on Dash marketed flights. Please refer to the chart below:
Age of Minor Traveling Alone*
Minors < seven (7) years
Not accepted for travel if traveling alone*
Minors seven (7) – fourteen (14) years, up until the fifteenth (15) birthday, Unaccompanied Minor Rule applies
Accepted for travel on non-stop Dash marketed flights under the rules and requirements for travel as an Unaccompanied Minor. No online connections permitted
Minors or adults fifteen (15) years and older
Parents or guardians may request any person to be escorted as an Unaccompanied Minor per the Unaccompanied Minor rules on non-stop Dash marketed flights.
* “Traveling Alone” means a minor traveling physically unaccompanied or traveling with a Guest who is less than the age of a “Young Traveler” defined as young adults between fifteen (15) and seventeen (17) years (up until the 18th birthday) who may travel independently, as adults, on Dash marketed flights. Escort services like those provided for Unaccompanied Minors are generally not provided for Young Travelers.
When travel as an Unaccompanied Minor is NOT permitted
- Not permitted on any connecting Dash marketed itinerary. Travel must be on a non-stop flight.
- Not permitted on the last flight of the day from any Dash location, UNLESS at the time of accepting the Unaccompanied Minor at the departure location, the Dash agent is able make contact with the responsible adult at the destination location and the responsible adult is either at the destination location or is able to demonstrate to Dash’s satisfaction that he or she will be at the destination location prior to the flight’s arrival. Dash strongly recommends against booking an Unaccompanied Minor on the last flight of the day from any Dash location.
Cats and dogs are welcome aboard Dash marketed flights. For the comfort and safety of our passengers, we maintain a limit of one pet per flight.
- The pet must be harmless, inoffensive, odorless, require no attention inflight, and remain in one location for the duration of the flight.
- Advance bookings are required for all pets, regardless of size or weight, and fees may apply, according to the table below. Arriving for your flight without advance bookings for your pet may result in unanticipated fees or denial of boarding. Your pet will be listed on your emailed itinerary. You can reserve space for your pet when booking your flight, or to add a pet to your booking, please contact our Customer Service group at 206-558-2500
25 lbs. (11kg) or less
No fee; counts toward standard baggage allowance
26–50 lbs. (12–23kg)
$25 each way
51–75 lbs. (24–34kg)
> 75 lbs. (34kg)
- All cats must travel in a small, soft sided, duffel-bag style carrier.
- Most dog kennels will not fit onboard the aircraft of scheduled service flights, however, charter service may be an option. Please contact our Charter group at 206-558-2500 to discuss options. Kennel storage is available at the main terminal through Smart Carte Baggage Storage by Smart Carte.
- Unaccompanied pet transport services are not available.
- All passengers and baggage traveling on any Dash marketed flight or ground shuttle or within the confines of any Dash facility are subject to search at the discretion of Backcountry Aviation or Dash.
- Backcountry or Dash has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.